The newest update offers universal compatibility, arming producers and performers with innovative performance and production functionality for unprecedented creative capability.
Akai Professional (www.akaipro.com) creator of the critically acclaimed Virtual Instrument Player (VIP) software — the only software that enables musicians to catalogue, control and map their entire VST instrument and effect library directly from their keyboard — announced VIP 3.0, a pivotal update opening the platform to any MIDI controller alongside the VIP Native Plugin Map Standard that allows 3rd party virtual instrument and effect developers to produce their own plugin maps for enhanced VIP integration.
VIP3.0 revolutionises the hardware/software experience and provides musicians and producers with unparalleled access to their VST virtual instrument and effect collection. The combination of VIP3.0 and a compliant controller maximises workflow and ensures a natural, creative playing experience that fuses the tactile feel of hardware with the unrivaled processing capability of virtual Instruments.
With VIP3.0, users can drastically enhance the creative capability of any standard MIDI over USB controller thanks to all-new MIDI Learn functionality. Now artists can seamlessly custom map the controls of their MIDI controller (knobs, encoders, faders, buttons) to VIP’s parameters, for effortless integration and the enhanced workflow, that owners of the award-winning Akai Professional Advance Series and M-Audio’s CTRL49 have long enjoyed. For instant creative capability, VIP3.0 includes an extensive, ever-growing library of MIDI controller mappings including Akai Professional’s MPK88, MPK2 Series, MPK Mini MKII & APC Key 25 and M-Audio’s CODE Series, Oxygen Series and Axiom AIR Mini 32.
Other notable new features include Pad Chord Progressions and Key Control processors – MIDI centric performance tools, armed with comprehensive articulation controls, that provide the ideal platform to explore new musical possibilities by harmonizing root notes in real-time and playing chord progressions on pads (using either the vast factory library or user’s own fully customizable motifs).
- Plays virtually every VST-compatible plugin and effects unit
- Operates as a standalone virtual instrument and effects player or as a plugin within any AU, VST or AAX compatible DAW
- Organises user’s plugin collection with intuitive browsing by plugin, artist collection, instrument type, timbre and more
- Includes an Effects Browser allowing users to browse effects by type and audition across multiple plugins with a single click
- Access, edit and mix up to 8 virtual instruments at one time in a Multi
- Expanded Multi mixer includes insert effects, send effects, bus tracks and a master output channel strip for total routing control
- Effects Stacks combine multiple effects into re-usable patches, accessible in the patch list for easy selection and auditioning
- NEW | VIPMS – The VIP Native Plugin Map Standard allows 3rd party virtual instrument and effect developers to produce their own plugin maps for enhanced VIP integration and opening their plugins to the superior workflow offered by VIP
- NEW | MIDI Learn functionality seamlessly maps the controls of any VIP-compatible keyboard (knobs, encoders, faders, buttons) to VIP’s parameters with a ever-growing library of MIDI controller mappings for Akai and M-Audio controller keyboards included
- NEW | Pad Chord Progressions – play factory or user defined chord progressions using a VIP-enabled keyboard controller’s pads
- NEW | Key Control modes: play scales, harmonized chords or chord progressions from a VIP keyboard or MIDI keyboard.