RØDE Microphones have announced the launch and shipping of the Rode Wireless GO digital mic system, “the world’s smallest and most versatile digital wireless mic/receiver combination”.
Wireless Go Transmitter (TX)
Leading the way again, the truly compact RØDE Wireless Go transmitter (TX) measures in at just 44mm x 45.3mm x 18.5mm and weighs a mere 31g. Its high-quality built-in omnidirectional condenser capsule allows the Wireless GO transmitter (TX) can be used as a clip-on wireless mic. Or just about the smallest belt-pack lavalier transmitter with its 3.5mm TRS input.
The receiver (RX) is also as surprisingly compact as the TX at 44mm x 46.4mm x 18.5mm and also weighing just 31g. So, if you are looking to reduce the size of your camera rig or looking for a small light-weight solution for your gimbal, then the Wireless GO could be just what you’re looking for. As well as a camera shoe mount, the RX can also be clipped to clothing or camera strap. The supplied 3.5mm TRS output cable plugs into your camera’s audio input or, with the relevant available RØDE adaptors, into your recorder, GoPro, iPhone, etc. There is also a three-stage output pad – 0dB, -6dB, -12dB – to tailor your output to your camera or recorder.
Clip “n” Go
Wireless GO’s quick clip-on capabilities make it perfect for run-and-gun journalists and vloggers in the field: never miss the action as it happens – no cables and great sound.
• Operates as a clip-on microphone or belt-pack transmitter for a lavalier/headset microphone
• Built-in omnidirectional condenser microphone delivers broadcast-quality sound
• All-new Series III 2.4GHz digital wireless transmission with 128-bit encryption designed to deliver crystal clear audio under any conditions, even in locations with dense Wi-Fi and Bluetooth activity like shopping malls, conventions, hotels etc
• Up to 70m range (line-of-sight), but optimised for shorter-range operation in congested radio-frequency environments
• TX and RX have built-in rechargeable batteries, charged via USB-C
• Up to 7 hours on a full charge, including a battery saver mode
• Super lightweight and ultra-compact: TX and RX are only 31g each
• The transmitter and receiver pair in just 3 seconds
• 3-stage output pad: 0, -6dB and -12dB
• RØDE’s market-leading smartLav+ (with an SC3 adaptor), Lavalier microphone and HS2 headset microphone are perfect companions for the Wireless GO when used as a belt-pack (and sold separately).
• Use up to 8 systems in one location.